My First Month as a Hunter
* I have still not legally changed my last name to Hunter, but I made the “real official” change on Facebook and am easing my work community in with Hunter in my signature
* We have completely recouped from all the planning, stress, adrenaline rush with our honeymoon in Cabo, followed by marathons of Downton Abbey & Damages and catching up on all the movies we have wanted to see. Next up … A House of Cards tv session
* We have written 90% of our thank you cards!
* I’m noticing the use of “we” a whole lot more than “I”
* Ray’s name was added to a checking acct I had that will now be our joint account
* We’ve grocery shopped, cooked, tried new restaurants in our new-to-us neighborhood
* I’m feeling the team work in our house to get things done
* We’ve had countless afternoon tea sessions with my parents at our apartment, had Ray’s mom and sister over for dinner and finally got a coffee table and side table for our living room
* Work/life balance is back since I have my best friend in the apartment with me
* I can no longer sleep any which way I want in the bed. Thank God I got my diagonal sleeping in over the past couple of years.
* We have laughed together, effectively communicated with each other, comforted each other when sad news came our way, prayed together and talked about what we are believing for in 2014.
At the start of this 1 month anniversary date I’m feeling blessed with this new life of mine. Thankful for the days we’ve had, loved by my husband, family and friends and looking forward to the future.
Ps. Ray is hoping to get “started working out together” in month 2 as “The Hunters”. Lofty goals.